Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411744 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58459 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 07:10:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2334889 times)
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12900 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »

Awesome! The only reason I started this project is because I wanted something that worked on the Raspberry Pi, which has an ARM processor and 256mb of RAM (shared with the GPU). While there are XBMC ports, they run at about 20-30fps, and a lot of plugins are spotty. I don't think I'm ever going to get on the level of other front-ends that have been around for a long time.

Really? I was too considering getting a raspi as well if my old laptop ever kicks the bucket, and I was told that it had good performance with OpenElec, but only 20 fps? I just don't know anymore.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: October 15, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »

Back when I tried BitCoins a few months ago, they were $5/coin. It's pushing $12 now and anyone offering Steam games for Bitcoins has stopped.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12902 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »

I think it's normal; they 're suposed to appreciate aren't they?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: October 15, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »

Really? I was too considering getting a raspi as well if my old laptop ever kicks the bucket, and I was told that it had good performance with OpenElec, but only 20 fps? I just don't know anymore.

The actual performance while watching media is very good (there's a hardware video decoder), and apparently it can handle Blu-Ray-quality videos. But the actual user interface experience is slow. I haven't actually tried it myself (only have one SD card), but that's what I've gathered from forum posts. As of today though, the Model B is shipping with an additional 256mb of RAM (making for a total of 512mb) at the same cost, so things might improve.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12904 on: October 15, 2012, 11:15:59 AM »

Yeah I follow their blog, saw that as well. I might just buy one now
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: October 15, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »

I think it's normal; they 're suposed to appreciate aren't they?

Yes, though that will stop eventually when they can't produce any more and all the supporters drop out (you can't make a quick buck if you can't mine any bitcoins)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: October 15, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »

I don't understand bitcoins at all. How do you prevent widespread printing of bitcoins? Is there some bitcoin official agency that ensures they can't be replicated? I would have assumed that somebody would figure out how to replicate them or fake them and flood the market inflating them until they were worthless, but I guess that's not happening. Or maybe they're just not accepted widely enough to make them worth counterfeiting?
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

Bitcoins are rather unusual.
I understand that mining, that is producing, Bitcoins requires significant computing power; And the production and trading of Bitcoins is authenticated by peers.
I don't really understand how they work...

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12908 on: October 16, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »

bitcoins supposedly have an answer to all those questions, but nobody really understands or cares

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12909 on: October 16, 2012, 05:46:22 AM »

Heh. Just realized why the quote button has this guy ---> Cave Story

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
ink.inc
« Reply #12910 on: October 16, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »

6666th post
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12911 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »

http://dof.reverieworld.com/about.php

This company just posted their game on IndieDB... heh
Suddenly AAA and Indie really cross borders.

Master of all trades.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12912 on: October 17, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »

http://dof.reverieworld.com/about.php

This company just posted their game on IndieDB... heh
Suddenly AAA and Indie really cross borders.

How?  If you're saying "the graphics are good", beyond that being a poor indicator of "AAA" worthy, rhe screenshots are clotted with bloom and particle effects. 
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12913 on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »

Well read at the bottom. They have professional PEGI and ERSB ratings, and also it seems like they have a publisher (505 games or something).
I am just saying that "the bottom" of the "AAA" has become lower than the top of Indie in terms of production? Of course indie games are better in many other ways.

Master of all trades.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: October 17, 2012, 07:43:13 AM »

Well read at the bottom. They have professional PEGI and ERSB ratings, and also it seems like they have a publisher (505 games or something).
I am just saying that "the bottom" of the "AAA" has become lower than the top of Indie in terms of production? Of course indie games are better in many other ways.

Truth
505 is a quality publisher, definitely enough to qualify them as "non-indie". That is if we are going to go into that. IMO having strong definitions tends to lead to bickering over things that don't deserve to be bickered about, but that is just my opinion.

Think happy thoughts.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12915 on: October 17, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »

There's a lot of indie games that have the dressings of 'real games'.  There's nothing in particular about a PEGI rating or a publisher that really means AAA.  Saying "suddenly indie and AAA cross borders" because of this game, which really doesn't seem that special, is sort of a huge hyperbole. 

There's quite a few steps of gradiation between what one would typically think of as having earmarks of 'indie game' and being a 'AAA' title.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: October 18, 2012, 02:28:54 AM »

the truth is that "indie" doesn't mean anything anymore and probably never did. i mean i've been following the current "indie scene" since 2008 and i cant think of a single time when there was any sort of broad agreement on the definition of indie games.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: October 18, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »

the truth is that "indie" doesn't mean anything anymore and probably never did.
well, let me tell you something buddy. i wrote for a VERY famous internet web log that reached an audience of literally numbers of people, and "indie" means a lot to them.
Ant
« Reply #12918 on: October 18, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »

Wizard the only true indies are homebrew freeware devs
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12919 on: October 18, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »

Now I´m working on a cafe internet until one or two things happen:

-Get enough money to buy a HDD for my laptop.
-Get a new job and gain more money to buy a new laptop.
-God help me and get a new laptop or PC.

I hope for a new job (also for my studies Tongue)

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic