Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411980 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 16, 2024, 04:06:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2341631 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12860 on: October 10, 2012, 04:55:09 AM »

I think he is actually a one year old trying to bypass the censorship

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Ashkin
« Reply #12861 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »

I think he is actually a one year old trying to bypass the censorship
shhhhhhhhh
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

It should have instead sent you a scholarship for being a really smart one year old.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »

Ray guns sure aren't cheap.

http://www.wetanz.com/the-righteous-bison-indivisible-particle-smasher/
Conker534
« Reply #12864 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »

I'll sell you one for a scrap.
 Corny Laugh
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: October 10, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »

How many people on here are interested in creating games, and how many are just indie games fans? (I imagine it is heavily the former)

Think happy thoughts.
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12866 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

Producer of Hawken gave a talk at my school today. It was fairly interesting. Also gave me a shirt and beta key. Cool guy.

Bandages
« Reply #12867 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »

How many people on here are interested in creating games, and how many are just indie games fans? (I imagine it is heavily the former)

I am a ladder
deathtotheweird
« Reply #12868 on: October 11, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

my interest in indie games fell sharpy over the past year or so. still love making them, but have trouble playing them. mostly due to the lack of innovative or truly unique games.

looking forward to spy party and monaco though, as well as the new blendo game. no doubt next year will be a better year for indie games than the previous two.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #12869 on: October 11, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

We need a new movement, no more indie game let's do ... NOTGAMES  Who, Me?
OOh wait, even notgames have found their formula now ...
ART GAMES? no they are a genre now, no body frown anymore
EXPERIMENTAL GAMES? well these are all puzzle platformer with a gimmick central gameplay ...
What else?

I guess the next big trend is generative story with social engine: cotillon, spy party, prom's week, until it became a formula ... which would open the way to true dynamic game stories ...

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12870 on: October 11, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »

BTW what happen to the indie spirit, it's like mini maintream all over the place ... all that tears to bring back retro mee too??
Also where is the TIG windows' kinect experimentation?
oh no motion control IS too DIFFERENT we don't want NEW gameplay the mainstream can't do ...

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12871 on: October 11, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »

gimmy when is your sonic game going to be done?
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12872 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »

BTW what happen to the indie spirit, it's like mini maintream all over the place ... all that tears to bring back retro mee too??

A game can be indie and maintream too Angry
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: October 11, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »

Indie, mainstream, art games, not games, experimental games.

These words have lost all meaning to me.

Can't gams just be gams?
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #12874 on: October 11, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

yeah, just make games, guys. people shouldn't care about all that label crap, it's counter-productive

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12875 on: October 11, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

somebody let the door open from the procedural ramble thread?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12876 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08:34 AM »

gimmy when is your sonic game going to be done?
he's rewriting it from scratch to use the kinect. you spinjump by curling up in the fetal position.
Mr.Din
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12877 on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »

Hi there folks, didn't see an introduction thread so I figured I'd just post here. Name's Mr.Din, I'm the webmaster of Brawlers Avenue a site dedicated to Beat em ups/Action Side-scrollers. I also do a lot of pixel work, I wouldn't consider myself too much above novice as I still do things pixel to pixel (via Graphics Gale). Recently my Ext Hard drive was stolen along with all my work that I've done over a decade, it was pretty hard blow but I haven't let it keep me down.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to get an idea of how getting into the indie scene works and hopefully bringing my original ideas to life. Hope to enjoy my stay here, cheers! Gentleman
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12878 on: October 12, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

Welcome! And here's the introduction thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Smiley

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12879 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:17 AM »

There is a reason that sonic game is in the drome, it was also a way to learn programming in a safe way, it was also an attempt to thing with 3D navigation that no game as done yet IMO, not even sonic...
Also one of the premise of indie game was to explore boundaries of game design and create new genre, which died off pretty quickly! There is still the occasional spy party etc... but they are no more a "thread of thought" as they are some fringe people thought ...

Game will always be game, but we need to encourage finding new uncharted fun ... it's like everything stopped at minecraft success ...

Regarding my own project I'm past the "mmo noob" state, where you realize that feature are easy to implement but architecture is the real deal. Being stuck in feature is like being stuck on a puzzle, it's a matter of finding the right solution. Architecture, which is more important for the kind of project i want to make (lot of data management), is less about puzzle and more about optimizing and trade off, there is no right solution, you will have to pick between many trade off, which is hard to anticipate without experience as there is no right solution. I'm currently making a racing game that is supposed to help me go through basic understanding, it has to be "data driven", simple things like making menu not hardcoded, or to have cup data not set with hard caps, and having a fully realized game from start to finish, complete with correct workflow from software calibration to file format ... Then I could tackle more ambitious project that all require huge deal of architecture like procedural stories with visual rendering ...

Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic