Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69443 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 18, 2024, 05:38:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLurk's Devlog (formerly:Samurai Railroad Mansion DX(flash))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Lurk's Devlog (formerly:Samurai Railroad Mansion DX(flash))  (Read 23413 times)
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »

http://lurksoft.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_2_Games

Dan: I don't know how to program for Iphone though...yet.  Wink

If you get it to a point where you're happy with it in flash, I'd be happy to work on an iPhone version in my off hours. I wouldn't want anything from it, just the enjoyment of being able to play it on the go. Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »

I think the latest version is much better, you could sell that on FGL no problem.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
SidM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

I loaded the page up on my PSP. The framerate was poor, and I couldn't seem to get controls to register (then again, I've almost never used the inet browser on the PSP). So, it worked ok for a while till I got slashed. Then the thing complained that there was not enough memory and went belly up.
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

SidM-  :D It's not for psp, not unless they do a native flash revamp. I had a very lofi version running on it, still couldn't get more than 12fps, when nothing was happening. So I'm concentrating on a pure flash 6 version now.
ak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »

This looks really great (and you got me intereste in Anime Studio, i'll check this out). Do you plan on making different death animations for each character ?

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »

ak: I'm starting with 1 death anim per character/encounter, using a similar cycle(1 reddish keyframe fading out with a bit of scaling). Since it needs to be very quick to keep the pce of the game fast(4-5 frames at 30 fps). I'm planning on making multiple variants on characters though. For example, I already started sketching a geisha carrying a bento(tempura shrimps everywhere!) and a geisha seemingly running away from the lecherous advances of another character, bumping into you.

I updated the .swf after implementing the titlescreen. It taught me how to keep everything in a single scene using the gotoAndStop() function. I'm still looking into bitmap fonts, but next update will be cutscene and gameover(so I'll activate the lives object).
You can find the latest version here
http://lurksoft.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_2_Games
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »

Love the main menu animation, your art brings to life stuff I imagine in my mind but am not artistic enough to create Smiley
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

The title screen is just ridiculous, as well as the title itself. Can't wait to see some more.

Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

This thread needs more posts with awesome samurai art Smiley
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »

Lurk! Don't stop working on this game, it's too beautiful to be abandoned!
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »

The art here is amazing.  Kiss I really hope to be playing this in the future. Well, hello there!

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »

Dan- It's not abandoned. The whole framework of the game is done, programming wise. Now I need to work on the graphical assets. The last month has been very busy for me, and I only had the time to sketch placeholders during my daily commute. Christmas vacations are coming though  Wink
In the meantime:

Sketch research for the Kensai(brown blocking type)

Sketch research for another Kensai(there will be 3-4 different brown blocking types, each with a gameplay variant)

An almost finished keyframe for the basic blue bushi. I'm trying a technique where I finish the loose painted pictures using pixel art

Kramlack
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »

Lurk, this is ridiculously gorgeous. The colours (for the Blue Bushi at least) are fantastic and it's so clean. I look forward to seeing great things from this.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »

hot damn!
that last pixel art version is stunning!

Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »

Absolutely beautiful! your understanding of animation and conveying motion, especially sword type motion is incredible. I'm also impressed with your use of color and shading, and overall character design. Color me envious Smiley

And keep posting this type of art, I love watching it evolve.
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »

This thread needs more posts by lurk Smiley
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

THAT pixel art  My Word! !!

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:37 PM »

Dan- The last weeks work on the game have been mostly code cleaning and placeholder art. I'm putting in the level structure and adding the character genres.

the 'samB' is in the latest version.

and some cutscene storyboarding. I'll post a lot more art next week. I'm kind of hoarding it at the moment. Smiley
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »

Sweeet, Love the coloring in that pixelart version of SamB. Especially the grey to brown tones around the belt. Though, I thin I'd like to see the fabric of his Kimono be pushed out a little more in the front (if his forearm is crossing across his belly). Smiley

I can't wait for the hoarded art dump Smiley
ChevyRay
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »

What.

I didn't know you pixelled as well.

That is so well done, jesus.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic