Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:47:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]  (Read 315528 times)
-N
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

You are an amazing human being.  Thank you.

Now I guess I've GOT to make this game.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »

You are an amazing human being.  Thank you.

Now I guess I've GOT to make this game.

the gangster skeleton is my favorite, lol.
goldenratio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »

would it be possible for you to make each of the 3 main characters facing N/S/E/W?
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »

would it be possible for you to make each of the 3 main characters facing N/S/E/W?

Did it for those 3 and more - archer, fighter, wizard, thief, necromancer, paladin, cleric. Added to the character sprite sheet.
Ipsquiggle
Level 0

The Fernicious Freep.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2009, 07:37:46 PM »

Much good on the turnarounds. I just ate my cookie, but if I hadn't I would have offered it to you!
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »

Nice Hats.  Nice work there.
I kinda wonder if some assets can become so popular they can be found in almost all the majority of the entries for part two.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 08:40:10 AM »

As long as they're in at least one lo-res FPS, I'll be happy! I really love these sprites, man.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »

Gravestones or some other marker for a corpse would be nice, I think. Maybe some blood spatter and other miscellaneous tiles to overlay on ground tiles?  It would mix it up a bit.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »

You sir, are my hero for making these tiles. Kudos, kudos.   Hand ClapKiss

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
TheSpaceMan
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »

I am going to be nice and not seriously ask for what my heart desire. A indexed color version. So color manipulation for different parts of the characters could be done easy from code. ^^

That's not unreasonable - depending on what you're looking for. Does just indexing the whole sprite sheet to 256 colors do what you need? Can you modify those colors on a per sprite basis or do you want specific universal palette entries for SHIRT/PANTS/SKIN for each creature?

256 colors would make it easier by trial and error and color picking in a image editor to localize the color for each sprite type and map it up to a own coloring function, per spirte. But the SHIRT/PANTS/SKIN would make it work much much faster to work with. I would probably never ever use another sprite sheet if that was possible. ^^

Follow The Flying Thing, my current project.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24421.0
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »

256 colors would make it easier by trial and error and color picking in a image editor to localize the color for each sprite type and map it up to a own coloring function, per spirte. But the SHIRT/PANTS/SKIN would make it work much much faster to work with. I would probably never ever use another sprite sheet if that was possible. ^^

I'll see if I have a chance to do the explicit shirt/pants/skin thing on a new separate sheet.

For now you can grab the zip archive - it has transparent PNG files indexed down to 128 colors. (Although I didn't add the turn-arounds in there yet)
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

In addition to the 16x8 dragons, there are now 16x16 bosses!
Added to the character sheet.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »

oh shit dude I was just about to request some multi-tile enemies. You are like some kind of mind reader.

Could you do a large size cthulu?

Ashkin
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

Now, now, Xion. One person can have only so much awesome.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »

oh shit dude I was just about to request some multi-tile enemies. You are like some kind of mind reader.

Ask and ye shall recieve!

(added to the char sheet also)
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2009, 12:48:16 AM »

Gravestones or some other marker for a corpse would be nice, I think. Maybe some blood spatter and other miscellaneous tiles to overlay on ground tiles?  It would mix it up a bit.

There are gravestones (2 types) and multiple blood splats in the object/effect sheet.
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2009, 01:41:53 AM »

Any chance of some more environment stuff? Rocks, blocks, plants, mushrooms, corals, ruins, furniture, mechanisms, various wall and floor materials?
Also, giant robots!

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »

I'll hit all the requests tonight and post an update, thanks for the suggestions. As far as animation I can definitely provide the simple environment ones (water, lava, etc) but animating all the sprites with full move/attack sets is out of scope for me with the time I have. If anyone wants to try, go for it Smiley I'll also try to do a few more environment sets for next update as well.
Here:

Bowman(or whatever), warrior :
    -movements
    -shoot
    -some kind of stab
    -eat, (drink)
    -and dead sprites

Update:
    added warrior.

And all the rest will go here:
    http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8791.0

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:26:15 AM by Geeze » Logged

GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2009, 07:40:46 AM »

Oryx, these are really cute.  Great work so far.
TheSpaceMan
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2009, 08:34:02 AM »

Can't keep my fingers from writing code.
Trying to implement something small in XNA right now. Just because it'stoo awesome not too. Tongue

Follow The Flying Thing, my current project.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24421.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic