Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:16:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 387064 times)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:29 PM »

There was this one game, I think it was a PC download, where you were on a space station and you had to go backwards through the steps of murdering someone and planting the evidence on someone else.
I hate being that one guy, but I would really love if someone remembered this game. It was this freeware title from one or two years ago, and it was all about pinning a murder on someone else while maintaining your alibi. It was all told in the past tense, with you giving your alibi to the detective, and if you screwed up you got shot into space.
So I found my old laptop again, and it had this game on it. It was called YouDunnit.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1081 on: June 16, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »

there was an indie game posted on tigsource a few years ago.
It was made in MMF using the default assets, it was a school play, there was the theater scene and you had to say the correct lines at the right time or sthg.
It might have been done by Terry or Increpare, but I'm not sure
Anybody remember?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1082 on: June 18, 2013, 03:15:40 AM »

there was an indie game posted on tigsource a few years ago.
It was made in MMF using the default assets, it was a school play, there was the theater scene and you had to say the correct lines at the right time or sthg.
It might have been done by Terry or Increpare, but I'm not sure
Anybody remember?
That was Don't Flub Your line, by me: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/859

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1083 on: June 18, 2013, 07:03:56 AM »

Oh nice
it was refreshing

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
flatline
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 23, 2013, 07:08:16 AM »

This was a game I think I saw a glimpse of on indiegames.com last year that looked interesting but never played it since it was local multiplayer only.  Now that I'm looking for local multiplayer games though, I can't seem to find it.

*Indie game released some time last year

*Screen split into 2 for each player.

*Platformer in a dungeon or tower setting

*Gameplay: Players descend to some goal, either cooperating to solve puzzles or competing to reach the bottom the fastest, which one I can't remember. 
OnionBlaze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1085 on: June 23, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »

This was a game I think I saw a glimpse of on indiegames.com last year that looked interesting but never played it since it was local multiplayer only.  Now that I'm looking for local multiplayer games though, I can't seem to find it.

*Indie game released some time last year

*Screen split into 2 for each player.

*Platformer in a dungeon or tower setting

*Gameplay: Players descend to some goal, either cooperating to solve puzzles or competing to reach the bottom the fastest, which one I can't remember. 
Super Tower Rush?

flatline
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 23, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »

Yes indeed, that's the one!  Thanks for saving me from a headache.
Kap_g
« Reply #1087 on: June 25, 2013, 02:28:34 AM »

an old rts game(90's?), i can't find the case anymore. It was still a game in such a huge box and was really dark of tone. With aliens or some organic vehicles or something. I only remember traces of it. In my memory it had a vehicle a bit shaped like a buggy a bit organic looking and a bit red, and if i remember correctly it had a map editor.

I thought it was kknd but when i searched that it wasn't it  Cry

EDIT: Nevermind it was m.a.x. 2
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:36:03 AM by Kap_g » Logged
EgilsJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 28, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »

Can someone remind me of a game, I think it was released in the year <=2000 and it was like RPG game, I'm not sure if it was fps-view, more like 3rd-p-view.
There were a few playable races, I'm not sure if you could choose a class for them.
Anyway, every time you chose a race that you want to play, there was a short scene where it shows your race.
I am very positive that when you chose Dwarf, he had this small wooden shield and a weapon on hand, and he was falling from some kind of roof and I felt really sorry for him(in a cute/funny way), and after the falling scene you can play him.
For Human race I think you woke up in some kind of prison.
I also think you could eat red berries from bushes to gain health(I also think they grew back on the bushes after a certain time)
Can someone remind me please? It could be an unpopular game, but I recon it being quite good in graphics at the time, and gameplay was awesome Smiley.

I'd appreciate for someone digging in their past memories for this. Thanks is advance Smiley.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 01, 2013, 01:50:03 AM »

I dunno, maybe it is one of The Elder Scrolls games? First (TES Arena) was released in DOS era so with date you provided I think that may be it.

Anyway I'm looking for 6DOF game I forgot name of. You flied in some futuristic plane, mainly in mountains. It wasn't descent for sure, I've played it in 1997-2005 period but might be released earlier (I think it was dos game using DOS4gw). Please some screenshots so I can say if it is it - I have vivid memory of this game so probably would recognize it on screenshots.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 01, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »

I dunno, maybe it is one of The Elder Scrolls games? First (TES Arena) was released in DOS era so with date you provided I think that may be it.

No playable dwarves in the Elder Scrolls games though.

Anyway I'm looking for 6DOF game I forgot name of. You flied in some futuristic plane, mainly in mountains. It wasn't descent for sure, I've played it in 1997-2005 period but might be released earlier (I think it was dos game using DOS4gw). Please some screenshots so I can say if it is it - I have vivid memory of this game so probably would recognize it on screenshots.

Could it be Terminal Velocity?

Screenshots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/terminal-velocity/screenshots
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 02, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »

Nope, there wasn't alieny landscapes, just futuristic planes in mountains (mainly brown, boring ones, though I remember some rivers and trees too, but mainly mountains). But maybe I wasn't that far in the game, though crosshair was different, that much I remember. Maybe some mod? Dunno, got this on game magazine which I forgot name of and now I don't remember it.

Be a computer virus!

Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 03, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »

Nope, there wasn't alieny landscapes, just futuristic planes in mountains (mainly brown, boring ones, though I remember some rivers and trees too, but mainly mountains). But maybe I wasn't that far in the game, though crosshair was different, that much I remember. Maybe some mod? Dunno, got this on game magazine which I forgot name of and now I don't remember it.

Starfighter 3000 maybe?  Although that one had destructable terrain as one of the main features.

Screenshots:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/starfighter-3000/screenshots
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »

Nope, it was first person. But I'll try that out as it seems cool.

Be a computer virus!

Waltorious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 04, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »

Nope, it was first person. But I'll try that out as it seems cool.

There is a first-person view:  http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/starfighter-3000/screenshots/gameShotId,218215/

Anyway, anyone else have ideas?
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: July 05, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »

I've remembered some more details: Crosshair was either pentagon, hexagon or octagon and you could shoot self-guided missiles (dunno if they were main weapon or if I just shoot them as they were more efficient).

Be a computer virus!

EgilsJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 08, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

I've remembered some more details: Crosshair was either pentagon, hexagon or octagon and you could shoot self-guided missiles (dunno if they were main weapon or if I just shoot them as they were more efficient).

hmm, was it Maximum Assault Strategy? (MAS for short)

Now could you please at least have a moment to think about my question instead of cutting me like that?(it hurt in a way, the game is partly a big part of my childhood) What you suggested are old TES 2D games, and I clearly mentioned that the game I'm talking about had nice 3D graphics for its time. And TES game doesnt even have playable dwarf race. thanks.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1097 on: July 10, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »

Could it be Ultima Underworld?
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/10/Ultima-Underworld-The-Stygian-Abyss-3.jpg

Regarding the other game, I think I see which one you're talking about, was PC based, mostly brown environments, starship racing game that allows splitscreen... I think there was a number in the name but really cannot get it.

edit: I found Fury3, that could fit the description, but it's not the one I remember.

Now it bothers me too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:52:23 PM by Sved » Logged

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 11, 2013, 02:40:09 AM »

Sved, nope, that's not it. While I don't remember if it allowed splitscreen, I am pretty sure it was first-person only, and some screenshot of it are in tpp.

Be a computer virus!

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1099 on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:39 PM »

Hey, I have a very tough one as my biggest clues are generic for the time and the final clue I remember will only apply to a tiny % of people.

Please note I only played the demo.

1. PC Fantasy game post 1995 (as I ran it on a Windows 95 PC) although maybe an early 2000 game the graphics to my memory were more Dungeon Keeper 1 standard so I'd say late 90s.

2. You controlled a worrier at the start in an isomeric world but it was very old school 3D graphics (not pre-rendered like Fallout or Baulders Gate - these were rendered in game).

3. You start in a forest and have to make your way to a town I think was run by monks.

4. You gain a new character in your party in this town (I THINK a monk who maybe used a staff. I should say I'm talking Christian Monk style, not Buddhist Monk, think Friar Tuck).

5. If a party member died you could control it's ghost and make it walk back to a stone on the ground with a circle carved into it to come back to life.

6. The demo ended with screen shots of lands including a snowy place, a desert and a castle (I think) and showed all kinds of characters including one that looked like a genie. The GUI allowed for 4 characters in a party although I don't think you ever got 4 members in the demo it's self.

7. (the tricky clue) the demo I played was in PC Format in I THINK the 90s. This is the UK Version of PC Format, not the US one.

About once a year for 7 or 8 years now I've scoured the internet in a desperate attempt to find this game as I have such fond memories of the demo but can't seem to find any hint of it, probably because it's from a time when generic fantasy worlds were so common in PC Gaming. I also can't find an archive list for PC Format Demos going back to the 90s. Any hints are welcome Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic