Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:02:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7308055 times)
siskavard
« Reply #23000 on: May 28, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »

What is love?
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: May 28, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »

i hate this page
Strife
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23002 on: May 28, 2013, 02:02:26 PM »

Just to get some actual pixel art on this page:

The one on the right is my original sprite, while the one on the left was reshaded by Argyle.

Blambo
« Reply #23003 on: May 28, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »

devi ever
« Reply #23004 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »

NICE.  My Word!
Blambo
« Reply #23005 on: May 28, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

Just to get some actual pixel art on this page:

The one on the right is my original sprite, while the one on the left was reshaded by Argyle.

That's some smooth shit.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: May 28, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »

What is love?

GORTHBARG KNOW A LOT ABOUT LOVE. FOR HE LOVE BATTLE. GORTHBARG ALWAYS SAY: IF YOU DO NOT ANTI ALIAS YOUR FEELINGS BY  HAND, IT IS NOT TRUE LOVE. GORTHBARG SAY: IN TRUE LOVE, EVERY FEELING IS IMPORTANT IN THE OVERALL EMOTION. IF FEELING OUT OF PLACE? NOT TRUE LOVE.

Blambo
« Reply #23007 on: May 28, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »

What is love?

GORTHBARG KNOW A LOT ABOUT LOVE. FOR HE LOVE BATTLE. GORTHBARG ALWAYS SAY: IF YOU DO NOT ANTI ALIAS YOUR FEELINGS BY  HAND, IT IS NOT TRUE LOVE. GORTHBARG SAY: IN TRUE LOVE, EVERY FEELING IS IMPORTANT IN THE OVERALL EMOTION. IF FEELING OUT OF PLACE? NOT TRUE LOVE.

GORTHBARG BRING LOVE TO ALL ORCKIND, 20 YEAR OLD LONER IN MOTHER HOUSE BASEMENT ARGUING ABOUT PIXEL ART NO DESERVE ORC LOVE
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23008 on: May 28, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »

Top notch stuff. This is basically flawless.

argyle rulez

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: May 28, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »

art has no rules ... until rules of third Who, Me?

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #23010 on: May 28, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »

"Grrr I'm mad!"

ink.inc
« Reply #23011 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

Ridley seems to have the same few problem with critisism I do; I think I'm good enough to tell which advice to follow and what not, which is pretty paradoxal - if I did, I wouldn't need the advice at all! I also grow too fond of my art to actually try the things people say I should. It's also a mistake, especially when you can just try making a new iteration and have the old one waiting in your drawer/different file.

Sadly, I haven't found a cure for this - I just don't do much art anymore :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Blambo
« Reply #23012 on: May 28, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

oh hey thanks
RopeDrink
Level 0

Practice...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23013 on: May 28, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »

contrast is way low and its not shaded really and has banding all over.

Hasty edit as I'm really meant to be working:

Notes drawn on yours, the boobs and cloth in mine (not to mention arm & forehead) are still shaded jankily.

The banding everywhere and the colours are the main thing, everything else is a lack of construction and practice I'd say.

Ok, I'm back again... Thanks to above person's visual example I took my god-awful first picture and tried remaking from scratch... Ended up with this.

And up closer.

Ok, well, you don't have to tell me the new version is also bad... But I'm hoping people think it's, at least, an improvement? I originally didn't have the dark edges on the shirt in the new picture but threw them in and forgot to remove it again, it looks better without them. Also hastily edited in a necklace purely because she had one in the very first picture - If I keep the image it'll be removed, she looks better without it, it's too formal looking despite her wearing a casual top.

I loved what Geti did with the T-Shirt/Top she's wearing but wasn't keen on the sporadic looking skin (Facially), it seemed way to complicated for me as a beginner - Also I know the shading etc is still pretty bad and I didn't really get to do much with the hair (And also still a bit disappointed with the face, finding it hard to get it as detailed as I would like, but at least it looks somewhat human when the picture is viewed at it's regular size) but again, I hope people think this is a better attempt.

Further help with tips or ideas for improvement welcome. And no, I will not ask people to do their own edit for me, although a visual example of what can be improved is much easier to understand rather than saying it outright seeing as I haven't even got a clue what things like banding, jankily etc even mean ^^

If I can finally complete an acceptable and satisfactory final picture, my next step of learning will be to add a few easy frames of animation to it just to see what it'd look like in motion, probably something simple like blinking, or have her turn her face towards the camera like in the quoted picture. One way or another I will get better and finish drawing this woman, damnit! Angry Wish me luck.
ink.inc
« Reply #23014 on: May 28, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »

you need to understand how lighting affects how the human face looks. light coming from a specific point will illuminate some portions of the face, and leave others in shadow. a better understanding of facial structure is req. as well

http://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm
RopeDrink
Level 0

Practice...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23015 on: May 28, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »

Yup I'm aware my lighting/shading isn't up to much - Still, I'm getting into the swing of things to some degree and if I get my foot in the door I'll be encouraged to pool through some tutorials on all the really nit-picky details that give the picture some vavavoom. I don't really want to dunk my head too deep underwater right now because even just drawing a human shape with pixels on such a small image is a task in itself for me as a beginner as far as keeping it in proportion goes (Her arm is still a bit wonky), nevermind giving it realistic looking lighting and shading  Tired
Blambo
« Reply #23016 on: May 28, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »

you need to understand how lighting affects how the human face looks. light coming from a specific point will illuminate some portions of the face, and leave others in shadow. a better understanding of facial structure is req. as well

http://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm

This page is recommended so much it's a crime. But for good reason.

Rope, figure out where the major extrusions of the face lie. For most humans, the nose, the cheekbones, lips, and chin are major bumps that cast the biggest shadows on the face, and are the places where the highlights are concentrated.
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #23017 on: May 28, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »

Had an idea for a stupid oceany scene so I decided to give it a go. This isn't for a game so, yeah. Can't make clouds...
Blambo
« Reply #23018 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »

whoa that's cool. Reminds me of good old pseudo 3d. Did you make the waves procedurally?
Slow
Level 1

chirp

View Profile
« Reply #23019 on: May 28, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »

Yeah, I suppose. They're some elastic/water physics so they move as they should.
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic