Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 11:29:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1976948 times)
Mick P.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9620 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »

Hi! I just made an intro post here (https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56904.0) that I don't want to weigh down the "TOIYT" thread with Wink

PS: I took it upon myself 6 years or so ago to maintain From Software's "Sword of Moonlight: King's Field Making Tool." This is what I've come to share mainly. I am sorry if I am not available enough to be active here. In fairness I don't use any of the "social media" websites either. I don't read TIGForums either. Sometimes links take me here. Noir

I maintain From Software's 3-D Action-RPG Maker.
In 2016 I am preparing ColladaDOM 3. COLLADA is coming into its own.
filiph
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9621 on: July 12, 2016, 11:35:15 PM »

That's why I'm always asking to any people who consider some type of game: do you know Emily Short's works? https://emshort.wordpress.com/

I just want to say I applaud that. No irony here. What Emily Short does is amazing, and the more people know about it the better.

I work on making open-world books possible.
AgeOfArchitects
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9622 on: July 13, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »

Hey everyone! I personally am Angel and I work for Aesop Games. We are a team of 3 girls (developer, graphic designer, and community manager) and 1 boy (the one who inspired us to develop the game!)
(I was having a bit of fun with my signature. Admins please let me know if I need to change it! Thanks!)

So I grew up with video games. I was probably playing video games in my mom's womb. No joke. We always owned consoles and computers. My dad is a tech-savvy guy.

I started on NES with Bubble Bobble (the game with dinosaurs... been too long to remember, sorry)
Eventually moved up to SNES then Nintendo 64, gamecube, xbox, PS2 and moved on to PC gaming. I was playing Diablo 1 by 8 years old.

I'm excited to read about other people's games and get involved in the indie forum community!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Here is me

When I'm not gaming, I'm driving. I love cars (specifically Honda/Acura, but am an enthusiast nonetheless).

So I noticed everyone's intro is short and to the point, so ya... I don't want to be the only one who posts a long intro, so I'll stop here to prevent myself from being a weirdo.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: July 13, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »

Welcome to the forums!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9624 on: July 13, 2016, 06:07:14 PM »

That fighting game animation looks sweet - looking forward to seeing your devwork!

Gajxo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9625 on: July 14, 2016, 02:01:09 AM »

Hi, hello, and good day to all!  Grin

My name is Martin Gajarsky A.K.A. Gajxo (pronounced guy-x-o) and I'm currently a game designer of the indie MMO / sandbox builder Galactic Junk League. This is the first game I'm designing and what I really love about it is being able to design such a complex system and then see it come to life Smiley. It's a pretty broad experience since I've been involved in the design of everything from weapons to social features to writing dev blogs. Other than me our team of ~10 people also includes some serious indie game veterans with 10 years of experience so we're a pretty diverse bunch.

Anyway what brought me to the game dev business is my lifetime love of games (as most people I guess :-) ). My favorites are the entire Half life series and all of it's mods and spin-offs, various 4X and RTS games and especially Warcraft 3 whose multiplayer I played for like 6 years. My personal dream is to make a online 4X game focused on international relations since I majored in political science some time ago.

That's about it for now. Here's a selfie of me from 15 mins ago  Grin Grin

h2n0
Level 0

Pretty

View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: July 14, 2016, 04:03:04 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I'm h2n0 (pronounced h-2-n-oh), I've been coming along and reading the threads on here for the better part of the last 2 years. I made an account made 2/3 months back and haven't really gotten around to using it, so here I am.

I'm a hobbyist game developer and tool maker. I've just finished making a NES accurate spriting tool with plugin support for my own personal use and since last weekend I've been working on a Gameboy accurate tracker for making little chiptunes and sound effects.

I have 6 years programming experience, I mainly use Java to make my projects and games but I have used JavaScript, Python, Dart, C and C++ to some extent to widen my knowledge and toolset.

So, I'm not too sure how to end these kinds of posts but I do look forward to being more active on the site and even plucking up the courage to share what progress I've made on some of my projects.

-h2n0

Infinite Loop Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »

Hey all,

I'm a relatively new indie developer looking to shore a bit about my new game: Battle for Orion 2.

I played a ton of strategy games growing up like Starcraft, C&C, Total Annihilation, AoE, etc... That's what got me in to game dev. I create Battle for Orion for IOS a few years ago, but decided to up the ante with Unity and develop a full blown RTS game. I'm hoping to start Kickstarter and Greenlight soon, so any help/pointers sent my way are appreciated!

For anyone interested in checking out the game, go to infloopgames.com.
lina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »

Hey all!  Smiley

I'm Galina,

Around 2 years ago my hobby turned into life style and today I'm a creative director of Funomaly Games.  Toast Left
For the past year me and my team are putting ourselves into project called "Froggy Day". "Froggy Day" is a funny adventure flight simulator of a frog on an umbrella. You can fing more info along with teasers and screenshots here: funomaly.com

Yesterday our team launched a kickstarter for it, hooray!

You can check it out: http://kck.st/29vFFAl

Happy to become part of the community,
Cheers  Smiley

neontropics
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: July 15, 2016, 07:46:47 AM »

Heyo!

I'm Jakob, developing under the name NeonTropics. I've always been interested in games and game development but only got off my ass last Ludum Dare to make http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=90062 . Currently making a shmup called Laguna Solaris: www.lagunasolaris.com
hollowrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9630 on: July 15, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Martyn Tranter, I am one of the Founders and Game Director of Hollow Robot. I have been a graphic designer for over 16 years, and I am currently working on two game projects.
Corus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: July 17, 2016, 08:32:55 AM »

Hello, another wannabe game developer here. I'm studying Computer Engineering but I also want to learn 2d and 3d arts.
I rediscovered retro gaming and pixel art with modern indie games.
GreatDragon AD
TIGBaby

Respec Studios Community Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9632 on: July 17, 2016, 05:48:37 PM »

Heyo! I'm GreatDragon AD. I'm well known for getting commission artwork at Deviantart for my original characters and I'm just your everyday American Puertorican Otaku. As shown on the title under my username, I am Community Manager for a game development group called Respec Gaming Studios. We are currently working on our very first project which is a fighting game called S.H.I.F.T. Just check out the link to our website found under my profile.

I know its not much but we've been working on this for a few years now as it holds great potential as a fighting game. Hope to spend more time here at the forum. Thank you very much.

PUERTORICAN POWER!!!... 'nuff said.
NativeTheGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: July 18, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »

Hello,

I'm Troy and I've been making games for as long as I can remember. I started by creating all manners of paper board games and trading card games (which I sold to my classmates to make money for buying gamecube games lol) when I was in elementary school. Sometime shortly after that I picked up a book on Python Programming for Games for The Absolute Beginner to try and start transferring my game ideas to the digital realm and the rest is history!

I graduated with a computer science degree two years ago then started my company, Nuldrums, and have been working on a single indie game, called Native, ever since. I stream most of the process on Twitch under the name Trickeri and am usually down to help other devs, especially if it pertains to Unity and C#. I just launched the Kickstarter and Greenlight this month and will be posting about that in Townhall after this, go check it out!

MsK`
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: July 19, 2016, 12:41:12 AM »

Hi,

I go by several nicknames, MsK` mostly, lywenn also, my realname is daniel though, but some people call me déennel ! The day I pressed 'right' on a megadrive 2 (genesis 2 ?) controller and Aladdin moved to the right, changed my life forever.

Fast forward, I've been a game programmer for quite a few years now, worked in several french game studios and I'm now starting my own company called Manufacture 43 with 2 graphic artists.

Together we're working on a shmup called Pawarumi

Cheers!
JWest
Level 0

Aspiring dude.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9635 on: July 19, 2016, 02:48:16 AM »

I've been lurking around here for a while now and realized I never introduced myself...

I'm JWest.  I'm currently pursuing my B.S. Computer Engineering Technology, and hoping to go back for a masters in Computer Science.  Video Games have always played a huge role in my life, and I've been in love with the idea of designing my own games since I was in grade school.  After many years of watching the industry grow, I've finally taken my first steps to starting a project I truly want to finish. 

Hopefully I will have my first Dev Log up soon.  Being a married, working college student, I don't have a lot of time to put into my work...  But I just love it too much.

Giggle

I'm here to learn things.

Watch me tryhard. | Watch me tweet about it.
OwenTheBell
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9636 on: July 19, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »

Hello everyone. I'm Owen Bell, a New York City based freelancer and game developer.

My background is in designer and programmer and I've found myself increasingly more interested in procedural generation of late due to a critical lack of artistic skills.

I'm currently working on a game about breeding gardens called Mendel, I'll be posting a dev log for that later today.

Spram
Level 0

I'm shy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9637 on: July 19, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Ramon Mujica but you can call me Spram.

When I was a kid I used to draw maps for imaginary games. You can see some of them here: http://spram.tumblr.com/ I mean, not like anyone cares.

Later I got a computer and learned about Klik n' Play and got it and started making games on it. They were crappy as you can imagine, here is a picture of one:

So I also made Doom wads, Half-Life maps and other stuff until I played Eternal Daughter and found out it was done with KliknPlay's successor Multimedia Fusion. It had everything KnP lacked so I knew I had to get it and I did. I made some mediocre games that I love.

I also made a VERGE game called Blimpo Warrior which is a cult classic for all 10 people who played it. Nobody cares.

I got a job working for a company called Gunnar Games which made "hidden object" games for old ladies but the company went bankrupt (not my fault I think?) and now I'm unemployed. I decided to take advantage of my free time and make a new game, so I started working on a 3D platformer in Unity called Zissi's Island and thought it was neat so I put it up on Steam Greenlight and most people didn't like it. Now I don't have $100.

I liked indie games more when they were more artisanal, now you got this pros going indie and making my mediocre stuff look bad. I guess we will soon need an indie-indie game movement.

By the way, I look like this:  Crazy

zanzoken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: July 20, 2016, 02:51:27 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley
My whole life I worked at things I did not enjoy. I did not enjoy school very much, college wasnt fun for me either and now I work at a job which I hate going to every day.

But there is something I enjoyed very much. And this was making games. I am not going to quit my job or something like this, but I am happy to have worked at something I enjoyed from the bottom of my heart.

I hope my games can make some people happy. That would be my biggest success.
LudicLarz
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:04 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Lara and I'm currently a Games Design student at Brunel University with an aim to work as a Game Designer. Looking forward to meeting you all!  Coffee
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic