Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:04:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesUndertale
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Undertale  (Read 51869 times)
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »

I know that. But that's not where the humans entered. The Barrier is at Asgore's Castle while the hole I'm referring to is at the Ruins on the opposite side of the Underground.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »

i think the barrier covers the entire underground, but the most accesible region is where asgore built is castle, while the hole at the ruins to too up there

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »

Maybe. They never touch on it. There are things against it (such as nothing that looks like the barrier at the start), but it could be solved by saying the barrier covered the entire underground.

I've been encountering questions like this while watching other people play, and it's unfortunately making the game sink a bit in my eyes. It's hard to pin down my thoughts without suddenly making a review about it. Maybe I'll do that eventually, talking about some of the aspects I like and some of the parts I felt were poor and why I don't feel this game is as ground-breaking as some suggest.

I just wanted to put that question out there to see if anybody had a solution. It's kind of like my questioning for OoT story; what was the point of the last 2/3 of it? If Link ultimately goes back to the past as a kid in the ending, that still doesn't fix Ganondorf since he wasn't sealed in the past so...yeah. I've heard some people say they got him arrested which makes no sense since they could have done that in the first place.

Doing plots where very specific events need to happen can get messy if not perfectly fine-tuned. Especially if the story is trying to take itself seriously.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2015, 05:31:34 AM »

http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_Ebott
http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Barrier

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »

The wiki would save time if it embedded the spoiler tag in the main menu instead of putting it on individual pages.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »

I finished this game last week and loved it. I finished it with the Neutral path for now, I'll attempt a Pacifist run soon.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »

This game has been on my mind nonstop since I played it. I'm most of the way through another neutral/pacifist run just so I can make different choices and see some of the stuff I missed the first two times.

[spoilers below]

When I attempted genocide before, it turns out I was actually doing it wrong and landed on the neutral path... I wasn't quite aggressive enough about killing everything in Snowdin, so my fights with Papyrus and Undyne weren't the genocide versions. Apparently killing neutral Undyne is pretty much the saddest thing in the entire game... Don't try it unless you're prepared to cry like a baby afterward. That makes me tempted to try genocide again someday, since it's implied that the fight is a little bit less devastating on that route.

Something I'm trying to make sense of in the story is Undyne's motivation for cutting the bridge and dropping Frisk down into the garbage dump. If she's after a human soul, it seems more sensible to kill them when they're cornered on the bridge. Maybe she wasn't quite mentally prepared to kill when that happens?

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2015, 08:05:48 AM »

Honestly, Undyne isnt that different from other monsters in terms of actually being a human hunter. If you keep making phone calls all over the place, you can learn that she took a while to rehearse some of her meaner speeches and stuff, andhe forgets her speech at the top of the mountain, which is why she changes it to a "you know what, screw it!". She just does that sort fo stuff because she wants to be a badass.

Genocide Undyne is really hard and starts very dark, but in the end, its the more heroic of fights in that route. Genocide demands to be insanely to the point of being painfully both narratively and keep going through it. The genocide final boss is fantastic tho, although you might want to watch it on youtube because doing it yourself... god.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2015, 12:35:51 PM »

Interesting! I spent a lot of time on the phone with Undyne and Papyrus, but must have missed that part somehow. Makes sense.

I watched someone attempt to fight genocide Undyne on Twitch the other day, and she looked like pretty serious business. I've managed to avoid spoilers enough to have no idea who the final boss is on that route, so I'll still be able to see it fresh... I know about sans, and some of what happens to your save file when you finish, but not much in between. Should be interesting.

Edit: Looks like sans happens later in the game than I realized. He's probably the one you're talking about. Guess I'll find out soon enough...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:52:18 PM by ThemsAllTook » Logged

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »

The game hooked me since the Papyrus fight, or thereabouts. I'm at Asgore now. Managed to avoid spoilers before I started but was pretty well aware of the pacifist route so I went for that. Like others it seems, I unintentionally killed Toriel. I guess she had it coming.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »

The game hooked me since the Papyrus fight, or thereabouts.

It was the music change, wasn't it? That was a turning point for me too.

If you've just reached Asgore, you're about to have another pretty special experience. Enjoy it!

DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »

I knew I was in for something special when I reached the Snowdin forest. The music that played gave off such an amazing vibe that me and some of my siblings commented on how "cool" it sounded within the first couple times it played.

With every new music track that was introduced to me I fell in love with the game that much more.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2015, 06:14:38 AM »

Like others it seems, I unintentionally killed Toriel. I guess she had it coming.

I think killing Toriel on your first run is essential to getting the full experience.
DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »

Am I the only one that didn't kill toriel?!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »

Am I the only one that didn't kill toriel?!
Yes.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »

Am I the only one who hasn't played this game yet?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »

Yes.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »

* Yes.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2015, 06:22:38 AM »

Am I the only one who hasn't played this game yet?
Nope, but I'll get around to it soon hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic