Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 03:02:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeBlind Collaboration Experiment [Teams Assigned!]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Blind Collaboration Experiment [Teams Assigned!]  (Read 22996 times)
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »

I'm almost done with one song.  I wouldn't mind doing two. 

My music:
Kevin
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »

Space still free? Put me down for art.
tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »

tee hee, I'm almost done.
And by that I mean I'm gonna tweak everything to death now.   Hand Any KeyCrazy Hand Any Key

Kevin
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:32 AM »

Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but what's going on with terrain textures/tiles/some kind of background for these games to take place on?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 12:07:52 PM »

Oh, right...

Artists, make a background too!  It doesn't have to be much, just something to replace a default solid background color.  Size shouldn't matter too much as programmers should hopefully the able to tile it or resize it to fit whatever window size they're using.

Oh, and in case any artists don't notice this, programmers, be prepared to draw some white dots on a black background and call it outer space if you don't end up getting a background.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:11:00 PM by malec2b » Logged

pgil
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »

Maybe I'm dumb for not seeing this, but... where and when should we post our finished assets?
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2009, 04:01:16 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure when this is starting up either.  I'd like at least another week to clean up my compo game before starting any coding on this little collab project.

I look forward to seeing just to whom I am matched.  I make no promise not to entirely let you down with my adolescent efforts.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »

Well, I think two weeks from tomorrow should give everyone enough time. (Anyone should let me know if they need more time).  At that point, I'll randomly match people.  Artists and musicians should send a download link of their assets to the programmer I match them with.  Then the programmer can pop in the assets and post a download link in this thread.  How does that sound?

Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »

Sounds capital to me!  Gentleman

I'm about a little less then half-way done (I think) with my game, so I better get a crackin'!  Lips Sealed
mirosurabu
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2009, 05:19:07 PM »

Awaiting eagerly!  Coffee
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »

Oh, and in case any artists don't notice this, programmers, be prepared to draw some white dots on a black background and call it outer space if you don't end up getting a background.

"Princess Rainbow's Flower Pony Adventure...In Space!"

The plan for how to pool our assets sounds just fine.  Gotta polish up and record my tunes.

My music:
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »

I'll be absent for about 5 days, don't know if I'll hit the 2 week lapse. I'll try anyway  Smiley

Working on HeliBrawl
pgil
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »

2 weeks sounds great. I've started on one tune today, and I'd be happy to do another if there aren't enough musicians.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »

I'll probably do some music myself too, since we're short on musicians.  Pgil, feel free to do a second track if you have the time.

Also, I'm closing sign ups since I don't want to keep getting sign ups in the two weeks for development or else this might get out of hand.  Also, we have a balance between artists and Programmers right now.

However, we'll still accept anyone who wants to do music.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »

Malec, when should we start coding?  I'd personally like to put it off for at least another week.  I want to clean up my compo entry and take a bit of a break.  Wink

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »

Well, I'd like to have everything done by two weeks from now.  Hopefully you can make small one screen game in less then a week (although that might be a bit harder for you since you use real programming languages rather than tools like Game Maker which make prototyping a lot faster).  Let me know how much time you think you'll need.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

Heh.  Actually I already have the engine I'm gonna use.  I just need the graphics so I know what sort of direction to take it.

I don't know how the other coders feel.  Also, if the artist wants to pass along some design suggestions, I know I wouldn't mind.  Wink

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

Well, the point of this is that you don't get the art till you're finished with the game.  If you need to, use some filler art to make your game, then replace it once you get the actual art (make sure the filler art are the dimensions I said in the first page).

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:43 AM »

Heh, blind collab  Durr...?

Yeah, if that's the case then it'll only be a few days.  I'll just use some lame MS-paint assets.

To clarify:  are we only using one sprite for moving in every direction?  What sort of animation are we looking at?

I guess it doesn't matter.  I'll know when I get the art.

sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

I've got one tune done and ready for its lucky(?) game.  Number two's almost ready too.
Oh yeah...WAV?  AIFF?

My music:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic