Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:15:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2333229 times)
JWK5
« Reply #20500 on: April 10, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »

Also of interest: "Why The Media Pays Less Attention To Police Killings Of Latinos"

"Violence or discrimination against Latinos does not tend to resonate among most Americans because Latinos are generally not perceived as Americans but recent immigrants or foreigners with no deep roots and histories in the U.S.," Frances Negrón-Muntaner, the center's director and the lead author of the study, told The Huffington Post. "So, abuses of power or injustices toward Latinos remain out of sight and out of mind."

The professor attributes the news media's extensive coverage of the killings of Michael Brown in Ferguson and Garner in Staten Island not to greater interest from journalists, but to the fact that protesters and prominent voices in the African-American community forced the media to take notice.

“Until it comes to the attention of these activist groups that make the news media pay attention, nothing happens,” Brown said. “If you have no political power, you have no economic power, you’re not going to get recognized.”

Who's most likely to be killed by police?
In fact, despite the available statistical evidence, most people don't know that Native Americans are most likely to be killed by police, compared with other racial groups. Native Americans make up about 0.8% of the population, yet account for 1.9% of police killings

Violence Against American Indians is a Pervasive Problem

The FBI is trying to get better data on police killings. Here's what we know now.
These problems are also more likely to affect particular sorts of agencies, says Ball. He points out that rural agencies, which are more likely to commit homicides of whites, are less likely to be sophisticated users of the FBI's data system than urban ones, which are more likely to kill blacks. That could go either way. A rural agency might be less likely to report its homicides, resulting in white victims being undercounted in the FBI's data. Alternatively, an urban agency could be better at gaming the system, so that its more nonwhite victims don't show up in the data.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:18:49 PM by JWK5 » Logged
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #20501 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »

went to the store, bought a bottle of garnier fructis, face lotion, and two eight packs of la croix (different flavors)

now teenagers be telling me about tumblr, but I don't understand what that is

JWK5
« Reply #20502 on: April 10, 2015, 10:49:50 PM »

In all honesty, I have no clue what tumblr is... I see it mentioned all the time but never bothered to check it out. Is it some kind of FaceBook sort of deal?
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20503 on: April 10, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »

In all honesty, I have no clue what tumblr is... I see it mentioned all the time but never bothered to check it out. Is it some kind of FaceBook sort of deal?

It's like facebook if you were only allowed to upload and 'share' images
And all your walls are public pages you are trying to get people to subscribe to

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20504 on: April 11, 2015, 01:13:09 AM »

its a cross between a blogging platform and a social network.

its basically a modern version of LJ with more pictures and less text
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20505 on: April 11, 2015, 01:38:47 AM »

tumblr is twitter without a character limit

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20506 on: April 11, 2015, 02:25:33 AM »

This is pretty cool. Some Russian guy wants to transplant his head onto someone else's body.

http://www.sciencealert.com/world-s-first-head-transplant-volunteer-could-experience-something-worse-than-death
It's only cool if it succeeds.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: April 11, 2015, 06:09:39 AM »

This is the ballad of Euclid & Meclid & Poonieldclid.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20508 on: April 11, 2015, 07:53:53 AM »

This is pretty cool. Some Russian guy wants to transplant his head onto someone else's body.

http://www.sciencealert.com/world-s-first-head-transplant-volunteer-could-experience-something-worse-than-death
It's only cool if it succeeds.

Also, the guy seems suuuuper creepy. I wouldn't let him fix my broken elbow, less transplant my head. Shocked

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: April 11, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »

IRL Mess up again, I have work something like only one day or less to model to that point, should have been quick ...
not trying to make the best character here
However cloth general shape are done, I won't spend any more time as I have accessories to do and there is only 18 days left (this is my first serious jam) Also I would cut short in the character more if it wasn't about representation precisely

: P

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: April 12, 2015, 04:14:39 AM »

Even if you can only manage a single room for your character to run around in, I think you'll have a success.

You can always expand on the concept after the jam.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #20511 on: April 12, 2015, 07:06:34 AM »

I was just playing a game of Chess. I sacrificed the queen for a checkmate. Am I a monster?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: April 12, 2015, 07:15:30 AM »

I think I'm done with gerudo girl link modeling, let's texture that!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:02 AM »

making uv map is da worst part

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: April 12, 2015, 07:44:37 AM »

Ha! I'm using blender, blender make it a joy

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20515 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:26 AM »

IRL Mess up again, I have work something like only one day or less to model to that point, should have been quick ...
not trying to make the best character here
However cloth general shape are done, I won't spend any more time as I have accessories to do and there is only 18 days left (this is my first serious jam) Also I would cut short in the character more if it wasn't about representation precisely

: P

cool
you participate into a game jam ?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: April 12, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »

Ha! I'm using blender, blender make it a joy
Blender's what I'm used to. Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: April 12, 2015, 08:02:51 AM »

How does it come you haven't find teh pipeline, for jam you can go the crappy fast way, still efficient, or you can go the slow way, aka:
- live unwrap
- mark seam,
- rotate,
- straighten lines,
- pin UV
- relax
- that option I keep forgetting that maximize lay out
- rescale to avoid bleeding

I spend more time experimenting with cut than actually UVing, which is about going anal about pixel coverage.

But the real secret to UV to me was
1. stay quad as much as possible (triangulate as late as possible, keep unmerge vertex)
2. model with UV seam in mind
3. strategically plan the pole with 2 in mind
aka good topology make UV and modeling a joy

edit:
also next modeling is baby zelda

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20518 on: April 12, 2015, 08:54:59 AM »

I was just playing a game of Chess. I sacrificed the queen for a checkmate. Am I a monster?

Who's mating the enemy's king if your queen is sacrificed?
What color were u??

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #20519 on: April 12, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

Who's mating the enemy's king if your queen is sacrificed?
What color were u??

The androgynously sculpted knight.
Pearl gray.
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic