Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:42:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 280617 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: March 13, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

character concept for one abandoned AGS-project based on "Solaris" novel by Stanisław Lem
so, it's Harey, phantom of Solaris
i make this in corel draw and yeah, it's vector work (proofpic lol)
also, Keine Beschreibung's ass as refernce

The Riet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »

I suppose this thread makes for a good third post, here's a video of a couple unfinished games I had going, the first being a point and click (21s in) and the next being just what the world needs, another Cave Story clone (6m 22s in).

Excuse the intro and transition segments, there's links in the description to take you right to the gameplay.

Untitled point and click
This was a neat little game I would have definitely liked to continue, but lost interest in it, being that it was a game based around a group of friends that I dropped out of. Designed after old LucasArts titles like Sam and Max Hit The Road, it would've been a big adventure between the two characters shown in the video, starting with the car breaking down, forcing them to stop and unwillingly get caught up in the local events surrounding that town until they can get the car fixed and continue on their way. I was very proud of the art I created for it, as well as coding the Megaman 2 intro in an engine designed for adventure games. Grin

Untitled Metroidvania/Cave Story clone
After putting together a Frankenstein of various bits and pieces from Game Maker tutorials and examples, I created a nicely handling platformer engine, but it just didn't feel right to take other peoples' hard work and mash it all together to make something that somehow clumsily worked. I had planned on rewriting all of the code I had into my own scripts and objects and whatnot, but I was already so far into it while also losing interest that I just scrapped it. Not to mention I did a system-wide format recently and lost everything I've ever done.  Concerned
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2012, 01:32:50 AM »

Those both look great, you're incredibly good at replicating styles. I myself have never been able to make Lucas-Arts style graphics. What font did you use for "Quit" in th adventure game demo?

The Riet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »

Those both look great, you're incredibly good at replicating styles. I myself have never been able to make Lucas-Arts style graphics. What font did you use for "Quit" in th adventure game demo?
Thanks! I was surprised myself at how well that scene went from paper concept to looking like it was pulled right out of a retail adventure. And I couldn't tell you how long it took me to fine tune the movement and camera in the Metroidvania game, seems like most of the start of development, I was focusing on that so it felt juuust right. It hurts me short-term, but I feel that being somewhat of a perfectionist really helps the end-product have that polish that only hours and hours of testing and tuning can produce.

And that is actually a BMP font ripped from Sam and Max Hit The Road, probably used in a couple other LucasArts adventures as well. I imported it into AGS for use in dialog, as well as copied and pasted letters into Photoshop to be placed onto those buttons.
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »

Just realized that I apparently have always had a thing for making tile-editors...

these are some of the earliest I can find.  The 320x240 resolution was a limitation of the language I was using at the time, "Interplay's Learn To Program BASIC" or LTPB for short.  hah, what an experience.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »

And that is actually a BMP font ripped from Sam and Max Hit The Road, probably used in a couple other LucasArts adventures as well. I imported it into AGS for use in dialog, as well as copied and pasted letters into Photoshop to be placed onto those buttons.
What did you use to extract it? I'm wanting to get a font from The Dig.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »

Can't remember if the Dig used the same font as Monkey Island but you can download the Monkey Island one from here if that helps.

http://www.scummbar.com/resources/downloads/index.php?todo=Fonts
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:15:34 AM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

The Riet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »

It's been far too long for me to remember, I believe it decompressed the game files into a readable format though, from which I grabbed the font. A quick Google search for the file format used to store the game files should get you some results, I don't have a copy of any LucasArts games on hand to find out myself, since I recently formatted.
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2012, 01:16:18 AM »

In 2008, I tried to make a platformer on my own. I used Torque 2D and the platformer starter kit ... but unfortunately, my skills at programming stopped me from going further than a prototype and mostly concept arts.
you can try the thing here if you're up to (right/let to move, space to jump and the fox is giving a slash while waiting ....oh and you can't die ): http://benfiquet.com/foxgame/foxgame01.rar

The graphic sources are included, with spritesheets and backgrounds . Anyone is welcome trying them for other purpose , but it misses a lot of character animation though.

more on my website : http://www.benfiquet.com/the-fox-game2008/

and some concepts

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »

My god, those backgrounds! The forest is beautiful!
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: April 05, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »

Sweet mother of god this is amazing  Who, Me?

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2012, 05:56:34 AM »

Holy Jesus fikey that is awesome  Shocked So good and the animations are so smooth. Have you done anymore game concepts since then. Think everyone would love to see more of your stuff. Absolutely blown away by all the art in that post.

fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2012, 06:28:50 AM »

Thanks
No I haven't worked on video games since then . I started another game during the TIG Jam UK around that time , but we never got far either with Ben the programmer ( which should be around here maybe ). We also had a prototype in game maker I think.
That video game (based approximately on red riding hood)is ,as you can see, more "bouncy" Smiley
http://www.benfiquet.com/tig-jam-uk/

Previously to that, I was main artist on "Soul Bubbles" for Nintendo DS
Currently, I'm a comic book artist
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »

fikey, my holy fuck you're good.  I poked around your portfolio.  You went to Gobelin?  I downloaded the demo of the fox game.  I was sad that it didn't reflect your awesome art you made.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »

Oh wow, everything about that fox game is gorgeous.  I'd love to see it realized.  Seriously, get yourself a programmer and go!
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »

If you're looking for a programmer...

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »

Here's a game I worked on over a year at one point but then it kind of ... stopped. I started looking for an artist to give the game a proper look but couldn't find anyone so I gave up. It's called Fast Food Frenzy and it's a fun/funny fast-food tycoon game, because I really like tycoon games. I was planning to have a bit more story to it as to why and where you run your business and who you're competing against. I'd love to continue work on it.

I also wrote quite a few tunes for the game, some of which are on my SoundCloud page.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »

@fikey Woah what? You went to Gobelin? Damn, I'm doing animation at uni in the uk at the minute and we're always really jealous of the great quality stuff Gobelins always produces :D
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

stuff!

OMFG!!! IT'S FRICKIN BEN FIQUET!!

I used to kind of stalk you, but not really. (I only watched everything you made public over and over.) I loved Pyrats.

I also semi-stalked Bruno Dequier.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

A platforming RPG made in that art style would be siiick.

Someone get this guy 50 CC's of programmer, stat! Crazy

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic