Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 10:10:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166881 times)
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2015, 05:44:05 AM »

Working on our new logo, may do some tweaks in the future, this isn't final but here it is so far!  Coffee

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:55:21 AM by Derity » Logged

100% Orange Juice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »

Would you say the level design is something similar to dark souls. A large open world with stairs, elevators, and pathways connecting different areas together.
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2015, 08:49:33 PM »

Would you say the level design is something similar to dark souls. A large open world with stairs, elevators, and pathways connecting different areas together.

I would say more Demon's Souls with some parts connecting, but there will be a "hub" type area to travel between worlds.

Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »

I need this.

Your art is incredibly beautiful and the gameplay already looks smooth. I'm a big fan of Diablo and I need to know when theis game is out.

_bm
Level 2

i'm so confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:10 AM »

Holy hell that art is fantastic! I love the spindly limbs the characters have, it really does the job.  Coffee

LStro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

Damn, this game looks very cool. The atmosphere and art remind me a bit of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Just by watching your gameplay videos I got an immediate sense of foreboding and gloom which is great because most gameplay videos make me feel nothing, leaving me not curious or intrigued but just bored. Your videos are really interesting. So I have to say, great work! I will be following your development.
I have a question for you as well, you have a huge number of viewers for your gameplay vids. What factor in your development/marketing do you think did the most towards getting you better exposure?
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2015, 04:07:53 PM »

Just eh, you know, subscribin'

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Thanks for the comments everyone.   Hand Thumbs Up Right

I have a question for you as well, you have a huge number of viewers for your gameplay vids. What factor in your development/marketing do you think did the most towards getting you better exposure?

It's kind of funny actually, when we put the video up it wasn't even meant to be a trailer or anything, we just made it to show you guys here on TIG and that was going to be it really, but Tom Sykes over at PC Gamer had apparently been following our devlog being interested in the game wrote an article about Eitr after we showed our first gameplay footage.

From there things just escalated to a tonne of other gaming news sites, we're honestly really humbled by all the feedback from everyone, we didn't do any marketing and didn't contact the press, it just all happened by itself!  Shrug

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:35 AM »

Love it, just want to follow.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2015, 03:10:51 AM »

Can't believe I never posted in this thread, been keeping up with it for a while. Always wanted to try my hand at an isometric dungeon crawler and wanted to see how you handled 8 directional movement. Looks like a lot of work, but totally worth it. Glad to see how well you guys are doing!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2015, 12:09:03 AM »

Can't believe I never posted in this thread, been keeping up with it for a while. Always wanted to try my hand at an isometric dungeon crawler and wanted to see how you handled 8 directional movement. Looks like a lot of work, but totally worth it. Glad to see how well you guys are doing!

Thank you very much!  Wizard Great to hear comments from fellow gamedevs, we had a lot of fun with the Dandy demo Wink

---------------

Only just found this amazing peice of fan art by Vaenir on Deviant Art (http://vaernim.deviantart.com/)

BLOWN AWAY!  Shocked

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:20 AM »

This fan art is fantastic, better than the official ones if I may... Smiley

BTW I have a question, will it be possible to look at a direction while walking in another one? For instance if you lock a target, will you always face it while you move around it? And if yes, how are you handling it? Legs and body managed separately?

ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2015, 03:33:20 AM »

I finally found the DevLog for this game! I cannot wait to play it!

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »

This fan art is fantastic, better than the official ones if I may... Smiley

BTW I have a question, will it be possible to look at a direction while walking in another one? For instance if you lock a target, will you always face it while you move around it? And if yes, how are you handling it? Legs and body managed separately?

Haha, well actually yes you can face a direction and move another with the targeting system, but the legs and body are not separate, when she is in her combat stance, she always faces left/right so when you move in any direction away from the target, the combat walking animation plays in reverse.

I finally found the DevLog for this game! I cannot wait to play it!

TY! Toast Left

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:20 AM »

Haha, well actually yes you can face a direction and move another with the targeting system, but the legs and body are not separate, when she is in her combat stance, she always faces left/right so when you move in any direction away from the target, the combat walking animation plays in reverse.

Thanks for the info, I'm also doing some experimentations with 8 directions sprites and I'll need to handle this case too... Smiley
Anyway keep it up!

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »

That one lanky long guy in the first post is especially creepy. I love dark fantasy so this game looks awesome. I especially like the outdoor picture. And holy heck how big are your tiles? I cant see any repeating in the outdoor picture.

TheChaoticGood
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »

Remind me not to release my game around the same time as yours...

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:48 AM »

That one lanky long guy in the first post is especially creepy. I love dark fantasy so this game looks awesome. I especially like the outdoor picture. And holy heck how big are your tiles? I cant see any repeating in the outdoor picture.

Thanks man, actually we're moving away from tiles now, when we did our first maps they were 100% tile based with small tiles (around 80x40 pixels) but when we used the same tile system on our new map we started to notice performance issues due to the size of the map it ended up with too-many-thousands of game objects.

So now for our floors we're using this neat tool called Polymesh (http://unitypatterns.com/new-tool-polymesh/) which lets you create a 2D shapes and fill them with a texture. Then on a layer above we just place objects and "bits of grass" to make the floor look like it isn't repeating, resulting in thousands of less objects in the scene. It also lets us step away from being limited to that "tile" look and lets us be more creative, aesthetically speaking.

Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

twitter.com/nathanenglert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2015, 05:53:59 AM »

This game looks amazing, I can't wait to play it.  This is going to be another great example of what Unity can do in the 2D space.

Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »

Your game looks really interesting. I like the way you stylize your characters, with small heads and elongated bodies. It gives it a lot of personality. Also the animations on the environments are sweet!
Keep it up!
Igor

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic