Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:44:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 622648 times)
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

Totally not

K. Hmm... Maybe give more info. Who is the main character, what is the story or setting?

My game is about a renegade sorcerer who's trying to escape after being sealed away for the good of the kingdom. It's a single player turn based rpg in the style of Wizardry that takes place inside a magical book! I've been calling it Paper Sorcerer, what do you guys think?

Are you playing a villain, or just a misunderstood wizard?

Something with "Bound" could work – books are bound, and prisoners are bound. Or "Bind", it's related... The Unbinding of _Wizard's Name_.

edit

The Unbinding of Isaac! :D

or Magic Unbound
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:11:28 AM by rek » Logged
MurderOfCrows
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 24, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »

I wanted to get some feedback on a name for a game I'm working on. Basically it's a dungeon delving style platformer with lite RPG elements and a static health bar that doesn't really grow past 100, but can be augmented up to 200 with vitality and/or items (Similar to Demon's Souls I guess). Stamina will be used for blocking and attacks, and the fighting style will be somewhat like the sword fighting in prince of persia, only not all of the monsters are going to be human and some won't even be humanoid. The basic premise is that of some kind of holy knight or paladin who delves into the depths of hell or a hell-like place. The graphics will be somewhat minimalist, as an example:

The names I have been going back and forth between are "Into the Deep Blue Sea of Flames: Holy Diver" or alternately "Holy Diver: Into the Deep Blue Sea of Flames".

Durr...? Yes, before anyone asks, the name idea was inspired from the Dio song, but is unrelated to the song's theme.

Again, just want feedback on the name. The rest of that info is just so one can see how the name will relate to the gameplay and graphics. All graphics are original but definitely not finalized.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 24, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »

The names I have been going back and forth between are "Into the Deep Blue Sea of Flames: Holy Diver" or alternately "Holy Diver: Into the Deep Blue Sea of Flames".

Unless there's an actual ocean, or this hellish place is very similar in appearance to an ocean, I would drop all references to diving and blue water. "Sea of Flames" is strong as an element in the name though.
MurderOfCrows
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 24, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

I intend to make it seem cold and watery with ice and blue flame, sort of the opposite of the common conception of hell. More like a frozen, dilapidated atlantis full of demons and such. Sounds stupid but maybe I'll get some actual mock ups that fit the scene instead of these old ones Smiley Thanks a lot for the name feedback, much appreciated.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 25, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »

Frostburn <something> or <something> Frostburn maybe?

Carefree games
« Reply #2025 on: May 27, 2012, 05:50:12 AM »

sort of the opposite of the common conception of hell. More like a frozen, dilapidated atlantis full of demons and such.

I'm getting such awesome images from this. Shocked

No ideas for a title though... "Holy Diver: Into the Deep Blue Sea of Flames" isn't bad, but a bit too long perhaps.
_Tommo_
Level 8

frn frn frn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2026 on: May 27, 2012, 07:42:07 AM »

I intend to make it seem cold and watery with ice and blue flame, sort of the opposite of the common conception of hell. More like a frozen, dilapidated atlantis full of demons and such. Sounds stupid but maybe I'll get some actual mock ups that fit the scene instead of these old ones Smiley Thanks a lot for the name feedback, much appreciated.

Call it Niflheim.
And of course the paladin has to be a soul of a brave Viking warrior.

davidemo89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 30, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »

Hi, maybe it is late or maybe not (we can buy another domain) the game is still in early developmente (I'm developing the tools for the artist in c++).

Game name: Renascentia
http://renascentiathegame.com/

(not final logo version and it's not working with IE for now :-P just testing)
Zeredek
Level 0

Call me Zerb B)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2028 on: May 30, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »

Marmoreal.

A class-based top-down shooter with fantasy elements.

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2029 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »

might I ask @Zeredek where did you get the name inspiration?

Zeredek
Level 0

Call me Zerb B)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2030 on: May 30, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »

might I ask @Zeredek where did you get the name inspiration?
Googled "list of cool words" and picked one at random.
I'm not kidding.

Common Kingfisher
Level 0

Sup dudes

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 31, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »

Great thread ! Beer! I have tons of ideas for my game's name, but I can't choose.

It's a text-based, randomly-generated adventure game. First of all, I want to make something with the word "Quest", because all the classics from the '80s used it. (King's Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, etc...)

I came up with Quest², the intended meaning being that adventure games take a new dimension, or something like that, but it just looks weird. I don't want any special characters in the title. So I came up with Fortuna's Quest, based on the roman goddess of luck and randomness... but it reminds me more of fortune in terms of wealth, so... not good.

The current working title is Alea's Quest, even though it doesn't mean anything because Alea is neither a goddess in real life, or in-game, but that's the best title I could find...

Help me out here guys Grin

The greatest game is a social life, it is just too hardcore for
many players who struggle with its control scheme and don't like
grinding for experience.
no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2032 on: June 01, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »

I'm making a game about Canvassing. It's called Canvasser.

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2033 on: June 02, 2012, 03:38:36 AM »

i love it

no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: June 02, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »

I'm glad!
Great thread ! Beer! I have tons of ideas for my game's name, but I can't choose.

Are you open to suggestions? How about Generation Quest?

Daench
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 05, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »

My game's name is Kandinsker.inspired by Wassily Kandinsky

Other Ideas : In Motion, Abstraction(s), Abstract Motion, Speed Waller

This is Level 50 (end of the game), and is very hard. The Starter levels are a lot easier. You, the red circle controlled by the mouse and have to dodge the shapes, but collect all the yellow ones. All shapes apart from the yellows, kill you, restarting the level.

Each level has something to say before it starts.

Black shapes move in one direction. When they go off the screen they wraparound.

Blue shapes are the same as black, but when they wraparound, they appear in a different place. For example if it was moving down the screen at vy = 10 at x = 100, when it goes of the bottom it will appear in a random x position instead of 100.

Purple shapes are the same as blue, but they rotate.

Green shapes move in one direction, but when they hit a wall they bounce off it, instead of wrapping around.

Orange shapes follow the mouse.

All sizes, and speeds are specified in the level data.

Thanks, Daench
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:42:44 AM by Daench » Logged
Common Kingfisher
Level 0

Sup dudes

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 06, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »

Your game's name has the merit of being original, but the problem with names like that, is that you can't instantly know what it's about. Very few people know Kandinsky, it won't evoke anything to them. Just a thought. Gentleman

I'm glad!

Are you open to suggestions? How about Generation Quest?
That's actually a very good idea ! I'm not sure about "Generation", but Generated Quest sounds nice. The only problem is that I googled the term and 24 millions results came up... Undecided

Simple and efficient. :D I can't wait to see what a game about canvassing looks like ^^

The greatest game is a social life, it is just too hardcore for
many players who struggle with its control scheme and don't like
grinding for experience.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:25 AM »

Your game's name has the merit of being original, but the problem with names like that, is that you can't instantly know what it's about. Very few people know Kandinsky, it won't evoke anything to them. Just a thought. Gentleman

Anyone with an interest in art, art history or graphic design training – that's a lot of people – knows of Kandinsky. If anything, the connection to Kandinsky should be made more apparent in the game's art, taking inspiration from his Bauhaus period and less from shape-tool-in-MS-Paint.

I don't think that matters though, because the name Kandinsker is interesting on its own.
paulisere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 06, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

Hi

My game's name is Beat The Texan.  It is on the feedback forum here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24302.0.  You are playing against The Texan in a game of Texas Hold'em Poker.  The Texan was created using genetic algorithms and neural networks so the game is sort of "organic" in the way that I haven't programmed The Texan how to play, it has taught itself.

I am hoping to release it on Android in the future.

A test version can be found here: www.paulspokerproject.co.uk/testgame/test.html

Paul

Daench
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 06, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »

*snip*

Anyone with an interest in art, art history or graphic design training – that's a lot of people – knows of Kandinsky. If anything, the connection to Kandinsky should be made more apparent in the game's art, taking inspiration from his Bauhaus period and less from shape-tool-in-MS-Paint.

I don't think that matters though, because the name Kandinsker is interesting on its own.

My uncertainty about the number of people who know of Kandinsky made me unsure of the name. I suppose animating the work of Kandinsker would be quite...hard. I just thought of the link with shapes after I had made most of the game. Thanks for the feedback.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic