Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411898 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 08, 2024, 12:37:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2338862 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21220 on: May 19, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »

Didn't say it's bad – said it's not interesting (to me). Wink

Tho it makes your friends kinda worthless when they can't ever do anything because they "can't" leave the game right now (because other players will throw fits if they do).

So that's my life advice: don't make friends with MMO people unless you play too!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21221 on: May 19, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »

Also I was just told that I'm "sweaty on the inside even tho it cannot be smelled on the outside". Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21222 on: May 20, 2015, 04:21:59 AM »

Also I was just told that I'm "sweaty on the inside even tho it cannot be smelled on the outside". Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed Kiss Embarrassed

I'm not quite sure what that is supposed to mean...

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21223 on: May 20, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »

52 millions gta V sold till now ...
take two is having 243 millions in losses
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:21:31 AM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21224 on: May 20, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »

seriously? Damn is it because of piracy or was it just not a popular game?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21225 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »

Because its made like by million crunching proffesionals from SF area not counting 40000000 people from Rockstar Hong Kong.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21226 on: May 20, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »

seriously? Damn is it because of piracy or was it just not a popular game?

52 millions sold mean piracy ain't nothing to them
/sarcasm

JWK5
« Reply #21227 on: May 20, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »

Video: The Insane World of Video Game Health Care

Somehow, I can see something like this being the real future of DLC.

"Damn, my spawn and ammo plans are going to be up tomorrow, and I need to have my fast travel license paid up by the end of the week! I guess it's going to have to come out of my electric bill money..."
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21228 on: May 20, 2015, 02:20:44 PM »

I have recently visited a shaolin monks demonstration. I believe those were fake show monks because real monks don't give public demonstrations except they need the extra money to sustain their living. I saw open space and cheated myself to the first row during the show. When Qigong (harmonizing the body to become resilient to physical damage) was announced a wooden stick was pulled through the first row of the audience and was allowed to be touched for analysis. I saw it was piss poor piece of wood for a well trained person and I wanted to break it. Then the monk quickly pulled the stick away, of course he feared I will ruin their fake show. Then some Qigong feats were shown, including wood breakage and enduring stomach punches thrown by other (rather fragile) monks.

After the show was over I quickly made my way backstage to get personal with the monks, but I was blocked by people waiting for useless autogramms so I had to join the queue. When it was my time to receive an autogramm I thanked and said I don't want an autogramm, I want to know where the strongest monk left who performed Qigong. First a translater was brought to me and told me that the strongest monks are already in the bus. That was ridiculous and got me disappointed. I wanted to test his Qigong by my own power punch since I doubted his competence.

Don't expect too much if you plan to visit an announced show monks demonstration somewhere around.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21229 on: May 20, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »

Well there is no secrecy in the trick they used for show, it's well known and documented actually lol, it's in fact the same trick for any circus show, it' a blend of safety stuff, repeatable showy tasks and real skills.

BTW if you doubts their skills ... join them!

JWK5
« Reply #21230 on: May 20, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »

If you expect entertainment to be any more than entertainment there will only be disappointment when the fantasy bubble pops. Sound like as entertainers they did their job well.

Physical power corrodes with age and technique only becomes useful when you are hit with the expected. Only the will to fight creates the power to fight. Most have it but are too scared of the situation to let it out of its cage (a prime example of this power are when a mother goes berserk when she feels her children are threatened and ends up taking down someone twice her size). You shouldn't be disappointed you didn't get to test your strength against specific people, if you know its there then it will serve its purpose when the time and opportunity come to put it to the test. This just wasn't one of those times.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21231 on: May 20, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

in the trick they used for show, it's well known and documented actually lol
It was not a trick, just exposure to weak physical damage which is not impressive at all. But "Qigong" actually exists, it is not a trick and it is also not well documented.

I am able to activate it myself to some level after years of discipline and meditation. It serves like a shield to endure sub zero temperatures in winter and makes you also resilient to physical damage. The latter is the most advanced state to achieve, I am not there yet.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21232 on: May 20, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »

how do it werk?  Durr...?

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21233 on: May 20, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »

Well, there is no trick, that's why it cannot be explained in these terms. Realistically speaking it is only possible to grasp after you went through enough meditation. When you are able to keep your mind calm and focused on demand and form a conscious relationship between breathing and body activity, that's the entry point to amplification of bodyheal-processes and "Qigong".

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21234 on: May 20, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »

I'm talking about the damn circus show

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: May 20, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

I hear that the brain consumes quite a big percentage of a person's energy. Maybe the secret is in redirecting that energy? I guess you would have to be able to control your brain first. My explanation is probably super bulcrap though.

JWK5
« Reply #21236 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:28 PM »

I am able to activate it myself to some level after years of discipline and meditation. It serves like a shield to endure sub zero temperatures in winter and makes you also resilient to physical damage. The latter is the most advanced state to achieve, I am not there yet.
I take ice cold showers and practice daily resisting the urge to shudder when the cold hits me, the payoff is that I barely notice the cold itself anymore, it feels like drinking a cold glass of water on a hot summer day and I find it soothing rather than chilling. I go outside in my shorts and no shoes in the winter and don't feel cold at all.

If your breathing is regulated (that is, maintains a consistent pattern like 3 seconds in 4 seconds out) your heart rate regulates and your body temperature stabilizes. Anyone can learn it, it just takes fighting the urge to shudder and get away from the cold and instead regulate your breathing (the speed of your breathing doesn't matter so much as it maintains an even pattern).

The same is true of anxiety, if you regulate your breathing and thus regulate your heart rate your body disengages from fight, flight, or freeze mode and you can return to an even state in just a minute or two (which has been the most valuable thing to learn for me, given I have anxiety and agoraphobia). I don't know about a great deal about Qigong, but I that some of the meditation practices rely on a similar method of body regulation, particularly where breathing is concerned. There is plenty of science on it, especially the neurology. It is not quite as mystical as it once seemed, but can be very practical.

As for the damage resilience, I don't know how that works in Qigong (other than documentaries and books that explain the contracting and releasing of muscles involved). I don't feel much pain ever, or much of anything really, I never have (to the point of being medically considered a dysfunction), but I rebound from injury pretty quickly. Even in spite of all the health problems I do have currently I am rebounding much quicker than people are supposed to. So I can imagine there is some "doorway" to getting the body to manually do this that maybe advanced Qigong practitioners have learned, I don't know.

I find it harder and harder to be a skeptic of such things the older I get, which I always figured the reverse would be true.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:42 PM »

@program
More likely to train the body redirecting blood flow and heart rythm and better efficiency in energy discharged within muscle.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21238 on: May 20, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »

I hear that the brain consumes quite a big percentage of a person's energy. Maybe the secret is in redirecting that energy? I guess you would have to be able to control your brain first. My explanation is probably super bulcrap though.
It is correct that the brain needs a lot of energy. But it is actually irrelevant to think in these terms. The energy is really everywhere. The point is to harmonize it so that it works with your body and not against it. You will literally grasp it once you reach the state of that control.

JWK5
« Reply #21239 on: May 20, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »

On another note, one frame of mind that has kept me moving today after a month-long depressing slump is the thought:

"If I die tomorrow what would I wish I'd done today?"

It's not exactly thrown me into some desperate super rush or something, but it is serving as a consistent reminder that "this shit doesn't matter, move on to something that does." My mom used to say to me a lot growing up that "if it doesn't matter on your death bed, it doesn't matter".

Just food for thought I figured I'd share, it's helping me come back from the void.
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic